The Channon Hall celebrates its 110th anniversary this November 2017 and to celebrate we have partnered with the Festival of Small Halls. The first hall was opened in November 1907 and it quickly became the central focus for the social life of the neighbouring district. Unfortunately this hall was destroyed by fire in 1911 after which, with the aid of insurance, a new hall was built and opened in 1912. This hall was then moved by bullock team across Terania Creek to its present location in the 1920’s. In the 1970’s The Channon Public Hall hosted one of Australia’s first successful anti-logging campaigns which led to a landmark decision to end rainforest logging in New South Wales. The Hall has continued to play a role in environmental issues such as the anti-Coal Seam Gas movement. The Channon Public Hall was the original location of the now internationally renowned Sunday market known as The Channon Sunday Craft Market, the longest running market in the NSW North Coast Region.
The Channon Hall stands on land traditionally owned by the Bunjalung people.
Tickets available online here
Tickets available for cash purchase at The Channon Teahouse & Gallery, 10 Standing Street, The Channon
Doors open 6.30pm