Petrie, on the North Pine River, is 25 km north of Brisbane. The origin of the township can be traced to the late 1860s when a coach service between Brisbane and Gympie stopped at Tom Petrie’s Murrumba homestead (built 1864). Petrie opened a hostelry in 1870 and official recognition of the locality came in 1872 when a post office was opened. The place was known as North Pine, the name continuing until 1911, the year after the death of Tom Petrie.
Tickets available online here
Doors open 6.30pm