The original Felton Hall was built in 1931 by local farmers. The same spirit of self-help survives to the present day.
In 2015, Felton Hall Association members took a decision to replace the old hall. This was done by bringing an existing building from St Anthony’s school in Toowoomba. The cost of re-locating the St Anthony’s building to our property at 2775 Toowoomba-Karara Rd, Felton and adding a toilet block with associated plumbing and new electrics etc was approximately $200,000. Most of this money came from the local community, with support from the Queensland Community Benefit Fund.
While the new Felton Hall was completed to a usable standard in March 2016, it is not yet finished in accordance with local aspirations. Several trees had to be removed to get the new building in place and the site has never been landscaped. Since the construction phase exhausted all of the Association’s accumulated finances the Felton Hall Committee are currently seeking assistance to undertake landscaping works. Cambooya Landcare have agreed to assist with this work, providing technical advice and some inputs.
The new Felton Hall is an excellent building that promises to serve as a high-quality meeting place for the next hundred years. Thus the new hall is real infrastructure that will lend tangible support to the identity and ongoing viability of the Felton community, an integral part of the Toowoomba Region.
BBQ and bar available at the hall.
Doors open at 5.30pm.
(kids activities including jumping castle, starting at 4pm)
Tickets available online here or locally at the Felton Produce Store.