Kamilaroi / Gomeroi People
Currabubula War Memorial Hall who is 108 years young in 2020 is the centre of this beautiful rural village, 30kms south of Tamworth in NSW. The hall has been host to many a good old fashioned bush dance and ball over the years and current residents are working together to ensure it remains the beating heart of this community. The hall and village community have been supporting and helping each other over the last two years through terrible, heartbreaking drought and the hall continues to provide a space to find positivity, a strong community spirit and lots of friendly faces.
Currabubula War Memorial Hall stands on lands traditionally owned by the Kamilaroi and Gomeroi People
Festival of Small Halls rolls into Currabubula on Friday, April 9th 2021 with Bobby Alu and This Way North.
Doors open 6.30pm for 7pm start.
Tickets available online here
Extra Info on Currabubula:
- The hall has a disabled ramp on the side of the building.
- The hall is not airconditioned yet so it is fairly hot in summer. Please wear comfortable clothing.
- Currabubula can be reached from many different roads and back roads so you can join us for a beautiful night at the hall. Come down from the New England or come up from the Hunter Valley and experience the best of country community hall events. Only 30 minutes drive south of Tamworth.
- Seated event.
- If you need cash, there is an ATM at the pub.
- Limited accommodation available at the Currabubula Pub and Café and plenty of other options in Tamworth and Quirindi which are both only 30 minutes away.
- Parking available at the hall or across the road around the school yard.
- Pub bus available for transport from Tamworth or Quirindi for small fee. Please call pub on 02 6768 9005 for more details and to book a seat.