Brungle is a small village, which local lore suggests, sits along Banjo Paterson’s “The Road to Gundagai.” You will find us where “The mountain road goes up and down, from Gundagai to Tumut town.” The original Brungle Hall was built with dancing and music in mind. It was opened on 24th May 1907 with a ball. In 1926 the building was renamed Brungle Memorial Hall. The larger auditorium was built on in 1935. Another opening ball was held, this time attended by 400 people. Our hall was home to the first WWII honour board in the district and a memorial fence was erected in 1949.
The hall quickly captured the heart of our village. Host to dances, meetings, parties, weddings and wakes, it has played a part in many special occasions. More recently it has once again become a venue for concerts and markets. In 2017, the original hall had to be pulled down and was replaced with a new kitchen, supper room and toilets. The main auditorium retains the original character of the building.
The Brungle Memorial Hall stands on land traditionally owned by the Wiradjuri people.
Festival of Small Halls rolls into Brungle on Sunday, 5 April 2020 with critically-acclaimed Scottish ensemble The Paul McKenna Band and emerging Australian singer-songwriter Alana Wilkinson.
Tickets available online here
Cakes, tea and coffee and BBQ will be available on the night.
Doors Open at 6.30pm for a 7pm start